Spelthorne Council is looking for the best photographs of the borough. This is a chance for you to get outside, explore our beautiful borough and show off your photography skills. You don't need an expensive camera to take part, any camera or smart phone will do, as long as the photograph was taken in Spelthorne after 1 January 2018 and is submitted by the closing date.
We are looking for pictures that tell a story about Spelthorne in the following categories:
Living in Spelthorne - What does Spelthorne mean to you? Send us photographs of local places / landmarks or events that you feel depict life in Spelthorne and captures the spirit of this vibrant community.
Urban landscape - Spelthorne is home to many interesting buildings from the historic to the modern. Which buildings capture your imagination or reflect where you live?
Hidden gems - This is an opportunity for you to capture those hidden gems or secret corners that you want to share with us. Be as creative as you like.
Water scenes - Did you know that one third of Spelthorne is covered by water? From the River Thames to the many reservoirs and lakes, we would love to see your waterside snaps. You could include wildlife, boating or simply lovely waterscapes.
Under 16s - We can accept entries for any of the above categories.
The winner of each category will receive the following prize:
- £50 prize money for each category winner
- picture published in one of the following publications (TW15 / 18 magazine, Sunbury Matters / Shepperton Matters)
The overall winner of all the categories will receive the following prize:
- £100 prize money
- their picture published on the front cover of the summer edition of the Bulletin magazine
- copy of the Pinewood Studios photography hardback book and a pair of Korda theatre cinema tickets
Additionally the finalist pictures for each category will be displayed at an exhibition in the borough.
How to enter
Up to five photos can be submitted per entrant, as digital images. Please include a short caption that best describes the image, your chosen category and provide your contact details (name, telephone number and postal or email address, plus your age if under 16yrs).
The closing date for entries is 31 May 2019. Finalists will be notified by Monday 10 June 2019 and the winners will be presented at a evening reception in the Korda Theatre, Shepperton Studios on the 4 July 2019.
Follow the action on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #captureSpelthorne
Terms and conditions
- by submitting your image you are giving permission for Spelthorne Borough Council to use it (full permission and copyright)
- all identifiable people are happy for their image to be shared publically. If your photo contains children, you must gain permission from their parents
- entries are welcome from both amateur and professional photographers
- entries must not have been entered into another photographic competition or previously published
- entries must be taken within Spelthorne - details of where it was taken should be provided if possible
- entries must have been taken since 1 January 2018
- it is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that any images they submit do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work